A conditioner is important for hair care and using it regularly leaves you with healthy and shiny hair. Conditioners are specially formulated to smoothen flyaways and deal with specific issues different hair types face. Washing the hair removes sebum from it and the styling products used leave dirt residue which makes the cuticle swell and move away from the hair shaft. This, in turn, makes the hair vulnerable to damage from heat, environmental factors etc.
A good hair conditioner need not be left in the hair for ages as its effect is more or less instantaneous. Things like using incorrect, or extremely harsh products, rough towel drying, heat treatments, an unhealthy diet and a lack of proper sleep all contribute towards dry, brittle hair. You should not just make a split decision while choosing a conditioner but should instead check the ingredients carefully and find out what kind of product is best for your type of hair.
There are five types of conditioners meant for various end results you may require like fizz-free hair or stronger roots. These include:
- Instant conditioners which are meant for daily use are mostly lightweight and help keep the hair clean and shiny.
- A cream conditioner is good for detangling strands of hair, protects it from heat and can be used each time after you shampoo.
- Deep conditioners moisturize and boost protein in the hair. They strengthen it too and can be used once every 10 days.
- A moisturizing conditioner boosts moisture, elasticity in the hair, and also reduces frizz.
- Protein conditioners rebuild the damaged cuticle temporarily.
- Individuals with thick, luscious hair need to use thick conditioners which will help them tame it.
The top conditioners ensure nourishment, repair, and softening and volumizing of even the most damaged of hair. Some of the top hair conditioners are:
- Delicate hair needs something like Bumble and Bumble Thickening conditioner which promises to increase the hair volume in a short time.
- Pantene Truly Relaxed Moisturizing conditioner helps the hair become much stronger regardless of the damage faced by it.
- The 10 Miracle Leave-In products make the hair manageable, smells nice, makes it smooth and frizz free.
- Fekkai Brilliant Glossing conditioner leaves the hair feeling beautifully glossy and frizz-free.
- Dove Advanced Hair Series Conditioner smells great and leaves the hair feeling soft and being healthy.
- DevaCurl Ultra Creamy Conditioner has a long-lasting scent, leaving the hair soft to touch.
- One of the nest all-rounder conditioners is the Rusk Sensories Wellness Bedew hydrating conditioner.
- The L’Oreal Paris EverPure Sulfate-Free Volume Conditioner is incredible for individuals with fine hair and its effects last all day long even after a busy schedule.
- Garnier Fructis’s Triple Nutrition Fortifying Cream Conditioner softens the strands and is one of the best conditioners for damaged hair.
- Klorane’s Conditioner with Oat Milk is amazing for itchy scalps since it calms the scalp with oat extracts and detangles the strands with the help of chicory root.
- The Tea Tree Lavender Mint Moisturizing Conditioner which contains herbs and floral scent gives off a delicate, soothing scent and moisturizes gently.